Sample Hexagon Greige Tiles
Hexagon Geige is a premium tile design with dual finish. It comes in nice shades of beige, taupe and grey with light taupe grout
The samples are 1/4 of a mosaic sheet and approximately: 12cm x 11.5cm
- just cut, peel and stick
- easy to wipe clean
- humidity and heat resistant 48 hours after application
- anti-bacterial and anti-mould
- will never yellow or crack
- special glue technology which allows for the tiles to be re-positioned during application
To find out if these tiles are suitable for your project we recommend that you order a sample first and try it out on your surface. You will see how easy it is to apply, clean and remove. If you scroll down you will find a link to the product. You can read more about self-adhesive tiles here. This video shows how to install the tiles.
This is how you install the self-adhesive tiles. Make sure that you follow all instructions carefully:
- CLEANING: Wash the surface with a powerful grease-remover such as sugar soap. Make sure you allow enough time for the surface to dry properly.
- GUIDELINE: using a level or chalk line, trace a guideline to ensure perfect alignment using a tile sheet to mark the height of your guideline on the lowest side of the bench top.
- MEASURING & CUTTING: use a utility knife and a metal ruler to trim and shape your tiles around electrical outlets or other irregularities. Measure and mark your tiles and then lay it on a cutting mat to cut off the unwanted portion.
- REMOVE THE TABS OF THE FIRST TILE: For all jagged edge models, you must cut off the overlapping tabs of the first sheet to get a straight edge to begin the installation. This will allow you to start in a corner, against a cabinet or to get straight edge ending. The Hexago tiles will require the same operation to be performed at the bottom for tiles touching the bench top.
- PEEL: Fold back half of the protective paper in the back without touching the adhesive portion with your fingers. We strongly recommend you wash your hands before you start the installation to ensure no dust particles or greasy residue are transferred to the adhesive.
- ALIGN & STICK: Now align the adhesive portion with your guideline and apply a light pressure. This will allow you to validate the positioning of your tiles. Once you are satisfied with it;s placement and alignment, you may remove the rest of the protective paper and apply a firm pressure across the entire surface.
- OVERLAPPING: Once you've successfully installed the first sheet of tiles, you may continue the process making sure you overlap all the grout lines as you go. This will result in a continous and even layout of the entire project.
Self-adhesive tiles can be installed on smooth and undamaged surfaces like:
- painted gypsum (after a 21-day curing time for fresh paint)
- smooth ceramic tile
- wall panel (acrylic)
- wall linoleum
It is not recommended to install self-adhesive tiles on the following surfaces:
- porous wood
- relief ceramic tiles
- textured wallpaper
- unpainted gypsum
- inside shower
- bench tops