Blok Slate Mega Tiles
Blok Slate is a new design in extra large sheets that are double the size of our other designs (each sheet is 57.30cm x 29.41cm). A two-pack of these tiles covers about the same area as a 4-pack of our other designs. The slate tiles have a slate grey colour and medium grey grout.
These tiles are only recommended to be installed on sleek and smooth surfaces. Any imperfections, strong colours or irregularities may shine through. If applied on top of existing tiles, the grout must be filled up first to make the surface completely even.
- sold as a package with 2 sheets
- covers: 0.34m2
- each sheet is W: 57.30cm x H: 29.41cm
- just cut, peel and stick
- easy to wipe clean
- humidity and heat resistant 48 hours after application
- anti-bacterial and anti-mould
- will never yellow or crack
- special glue technology which allows for the tiles to be re-positioned during application
These premium self-adhesive wall tiles are designed to be used as a splash back. They are of high quality and ideal for renovating the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and even the camper van or the bach. You don't need to worry about special tools, grout and mess. This is a quick and cost effective way to DIY your own splash back or give your existing one a makeover. You can also use these tiles if you want to hack your children's play kitchen.
For a successful installation you will need:
- grease remover (e.g. sugar soap)
- cutting mat
- metal edge ruler
- tape measure
- craft knife
You can find some of these tools here.
If you are installing the tiles behind a gas hob without a back control panel we strongly recommend to install our Smart Panel first. You may also want to complete your tiling project with a thin border. You can find our smart accessories here.
Watch this short video for more details about the tiles and how to install them:
This is how you install the self-adhesive tiles. Make sure that you follow all instructions carefully:
- CLEANING: Wash the surface with a powerful grease-remover such as sugar soap. Make sure you allow enough time for the surface to dry properly.
- GUIDELINE: using a level or chalk line, trace a guideline to ensure perfect alignment using a tile sheet to mark the height of your guideline on the lowest side of the bench top.
- MEASURING & CUTTING: use a utility knife and a metal ruler to trim and shape your tiles around electrical outlets or other irregularities. Measure and mark your tiles and then lay it on a cutting mat to cut off the unwanted portion.
- REMOVE THE TABS OF THE FIRST TILE: For all jagged edge models, you must cut off the overlapping tabs of the first sheet to get a straight edge to begin the installation. This will allow you to start in a corner, against a cabinet or to get straight edge ending.
- PEEL: Fold back half of the protective paper in the back without touching the adhesive portion with your fingers. We strongly recommend you wash your hands before you start the installation to ensure no dust particles or greasy residue are transferred to the adhesive.
- ALIGN & STICK: Now align the adhesive portion with your guideline and apply a light pressure. This will allow you to validate the positioning of your tiles. Once you are satisfied with its placement and alignment, you may remove the rest of the protective paper and apply a firm pressure across the entire surface.
- OVERLAPPING: Once you've successfully installed the first sheet of tiles, you may continue the process making sure you overlap all the grout lines as you go. This will result in a continous and even layout of the entire project.
Self-adhesive tiles can be installed on smooth and undamaged surfaces like:
- painted gypsum (after a 21-day curing time for fresh paint)
- wall panel (acrylic)
- wall linoleum
It is not recommended to install self-adhesive tiles on the following surfaces:
- porous wood
- relief ceramic tiles
- textured wallpaper
- unpainted gypsum
- inside shower
- bench tops